As your MP all enquiries to Rachel must be properly recorded. Therefore, please email any questions, comments or issues to email@example.com, including your full name, your home address in the constituency, and please remember to include a contact number if you would like a call back. This will ensure you get a full response.
Facebook comments and tweets cannot currently be properly recorded by Rachel's systems as they often do not include address information, which is required. Therefore, if you are expecting a response to your enquiry please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
All casework matters must be dealt with by email or post only to ensure confidentiality. Rachel and/or her team are unable to comment on any casework issues in public, including on social media services.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on Rachel's social media pages, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted, and the account-holder blocked, as follows:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted.
- Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic. Comments deemed to be deliberately irrelevant for the purposes of spreading disinformation, sowing discord or spreading propaganda will be deleted and persistent offenders will be blocked.
- Comments including any form of profanity will be hidden by Facebook automatically and may be deleted. Persistent offenders will be blocked and may be subject to the Zero Tolerance policy below.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted. Note this may include abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libellous language.
- Comments that harass other posters will be deleted. Please be respectful toward other contributors.
- Anonymous comments or comments posted from accounts deemed to be fake will be deleted. The MP's page(s) will only accept comments from posters who identify themselves and who are resident within the Redditch constituency (or operate a business in the constituency). Outside influence that is purposefully trying to undermine our democracy is not accepted and accounts deemed to be operating for this purpose will be blocked.
If your account has been blocked and you wish to appeal this decision please email email@example.com, ensuring you include your full name and address within the Redditch constituency.
Zero Tolerance Approach to Abuse
Please be aware that Facebook operates an automatic profanity filter that is set to 'high', which will remove any comments that use particular words that Facebook deems may be considered offensive. Rachel Maclean MP and/or her team also reserve the right to remove any comments and block users who persistently post abusive and/or threatening comments. We strongly urge that you do not post any comment that you would not say face-to-face in person. You are responsible in law for the comments that you leave.
Rachel Maclean MP operates a zero tolerance approach to all abusive and/or threatening comments. These comments will be reported to both the Parliamentary authorities and West Mercia Police.
Thank you for keeping your comments within the bounds of reasonable political discourse and not resorting to personal attacks, threats and insults.