Rachel is continuing to make progress in delivering on the priorities she set out at the beginning of the year.
At the beginning of 2023, Rachel set out 11 clear priorities. They are:
- Support constituents with the cost of living.
- To get the Garden Suite back to the Alex before 2024.
- Fight to return a maternity and children’s service.
- Ensure the Acute Trust delivers the promised investment in the Alex.
- Back policies to Level Up Redditch.
- Continue work to tackle violence against women and girls.
- Work with local and national government to secure the future of bus travel.
- Back policies to tackle illegal immigration and to end the small boat crossings.
- Support policies to tackle climate change.
- Improving mobile and broadband connectivity across the constituency.
- Ensure schools in Redditch continue to receive more funding.
And Rachel is making progress in delivering on the priorities she has set out. This includes:
- Rachel has backed Government measures to support residents with the cost of living and held cost of living drop-in events across Redditch.
- Rachel has secured the return of the Garden Suite Chemotherapy Unit to the Alex.
- Rachel has published a Long-Term Plan for the Delivery of Health and Social Care in Redditch and the Villages which sets out how she believes a maternity and children’s service can be returned to the Alex.
- Rachel has ensured the Acute Trust delivers the promised investment in the Alex. The multi-million-pound operating complex is now open.
- £800,000 in Government funding has been secured for Your Ideas to Level Up Redditch.
- Rachel helped to secure tougher sentences for domestic abusers who kill their partners or ex-partners.
- Rachel worked with local and national Government to support public transport and £1.4 million in Government funding has been secured for local bus services.
- Rachel voted for the Illegal Migration Act to stop the boats. If you enter the UK illegally, you will be detained immediately and removed to a safe country within weeks – with no ability to make spurious and late claims to frustrate removal. Labour voted against this.
- To help meet our net zero targets, £1.6 million in Government funding has been secured to boost the heating efficiency of council homes in Redditch.
- Rachel has stepped up her efforts to secure mobile connectivity improvements in the constituency by submitting evidence to the Government’s Rural Connectivity Champion.
- Rachel has helped to delivered £2.1 million in extra funding for schools in Redditch and the Villages. And two schools in Redditch have also received a share of £450 million to improve their buildings. Not only that, but the total core schools budget will also reach its highest ever level next year.
“Others can often overcomplicate politics, but for me it’s really quite simple: get on, do the job and deliver results – that’s how I’ve always operated as your MP.
“And delivering results is exactly what I’ve been doing. Now we’re more than three-quarters of the way through 2023, I’m proud to look back and say that I’m delivering on all of the priorities I set out at the beginning of the year.
“This includes securing the return of the Garden Suite Chemotherapy Unit and more investment in the Alex, levelling up school funding, more money for local bus services, backing policies to tackle illegal migration and much more. I could go on!
"It remains the honour of my life to be your MP and I’ll keep working flat out to deliver on the promises I have made to you.”