Rachel has welcomed the West Midlands Rail Investment Strategy which will benefit rail users in Redditch.
The 30-year strategy, developed by the West Midlands Rail Executive, focuses on the rail connectivity required to support the needs of Redditch and the wider West Midlands region.
It’s underpinned by a view of how train services could develop in the future, and how the Executive plans to support the exciting regeneration of Redditch’s Railway Station.
Here’s how the investment strategy impacts Redditch directly:
- The replacement of 30-year-old Cross City line trains in early 2024 with new modern rolling stock.
- New connections for Redditch services available at Kings Norton for Camp Hill services to Birmingham Moor St via Moseley.
- Worcestershire County Council’s £10 million regeneration of Redditch’s Railway Station.
- By the early 2030s, an increase from two Redditch trains per hour to three.
- Circa 2040, a second platform at Redditch and an increase to four Redditch trains per hour.
“Rail is an important form of travel for many residents, including myself, so it’s great to see the investment Redditch will directly benefit from as part of the West Midlands Rail Investment Strategy.
“New trains, new connections for Redditch services, a brand-new railway station and more frequent trains – all promises the strategy makes which I will ensure are delivered.”
The new strategy is available here: https://wmre.org.uk/our-strategies/west-midlands-rail-investment-strategy/