Rachel offers work experience opportunities to students from Redditch. The placement gives young people an insight in to local politics and a chance to boost their skills. Students will be able to help with a number of tasks:
- Casework, depending on the age and ability of the student.
- Researching an issue.
- Writing press releases.
- Attending a meeting or event in the House or in the Constituency.
- Assisting with office duties.
- Answering queries from constituents, either by phone or by email.
Who does Rachel offer placements to?
- They must be a constituent.
- They must be in at least the upper sixth form at school or over 18.
- Placements should be no longer than 3 days.
- Placements should preferably be in London. Candidates will get much more out of their time in London by attending debates, meetings and a tour of Parliament.
- Candidates should demonstrate some interest in politics.
Please contact us to enquire about work experience in my office.