Before reporting a vehicle you believe to be abandoned, you must first check if the vehicle is taxed on the DVLA’s website.

If the vehicle is taxed councils are unlikely to be able to do anything unless it is in a dangerous condition.

However, you can report an untaxed vehicle that you’ve seen on a public road anonymously here at GOV.UK.

If the vehicle is seen to be dangerous or a possible health hazard to the public please call the police on 101.