Rachel has set out her priorities for the year ahead as she continues to deliver for her constituents.
Yesterday (January 5th), the House of Commons sat for the first time in 2022, and the town’s MP has vowed to redouble her efforts to achieve the ambitious pledges she made in her My Plan for Redditch.
Rachel’s priorities for the year include:
- Securing the return of the Garden Suite to the Alex
- Continuing the fight to return maternity and children’s services to the Alex
- Ensure the Acute Trust delivers the promised investment in the Alex
- Support Redditch’s recovery from the pandemic
- Deliver Town Deal projects to unlock Redditch’s full potential
- Continue to push for cleaner, greener buses in Redditch
- Back policies to Level Up Redditch
- Continue to support Net Zero and policies to tackle climate change
- Ensure schools in Redditch continue to receive more funding
“It continues to be the greatest honour to be Redditch’s MP, and with the return of Parliament, I will continue to work hard to deliver on my constituents’ priorities.
“I believe we should be more optimistic about the year ahead, especially as we seek to deliver ambitious Town Deal projects – helping us to truly unlock Redditch’s full potential.
“We have already made progress on the pledges I made to you. Redditch has received £16.6 million in Town Deal funding from the Government, the Borough Council has been awarded funding to tackle climate change and install EV chargers, schools are receiving more funding and the County Council has submitted a bid to introduce zero emission buses in Redditch.
“There is much more to do, especially in the fight to return the Garden Suite to the Alex and to ensure the Acute Trust finally gets on and delivers the multi-million pound investment the Alex has been promised.
“I will redouble my efforts to deliver on the promises I made to you and I’ll leave no stone unturned in doing so.”