The transition period has ended and new rules are here. Businesses must act now to keep their business moving.
Following the signing of the UK – EU Free Trade Agreement, there are new rules for businesses which came into force on 1 January 2021 which require immediate action.
Your business needs to act now to comply with these new rules. If you do not take action, there is a risk your business operations will be interrupted.
You should visit gov.uk/transition where you can use the checker tool to quickly identify the actions that your business needs to take. The checker tool will ask you questions about your business and provide all the information you need to be aware of.
You can help prepare your businesses for the new rules by using a number of support mechanisms provided by the Government:
- Sign up to receive updates on the specific actions you need to take once you’ve used the checker tool at uk/transition
- Sign up to receive the regular Business Readiness Transition Bulletin – an email newsletter providing information on major announcements and recently published guidance
- BEIS Webinars across a range of topics will be available on uk in January 2021. They will provide specific advice on how businesses can ensure they comply with the new rules.
These documents cover actions that businesses must take to ensure they are compliant with the new rules which have come into force:
- Part A provides an overview of key actions for businesses by topic as well as supporting guidance, helpline numbers and FAQs. Click HERE to access.
- Part B lists the top five actions for businesses in each of the following sectors: Aerospace, automotive, chemicals, construction, consumer goods, electronics and machinery, life sciences, metals and materials, professional business services and retail. Click HERE to access.