Please remember that A&E is for serious and life-threatening conditions only. Below is a full list of health care options available across Worcestershire, which could offer more appropriate and quicker treatment:
Many minor complaints such as coughs and colds can be treated by staying at home, getting plenty of rest and making sure you have a well-stocked medicine cabinet.
Your local community Pharmacy
Your local pharmacist can give expert, confidential advice or medicines for minor ailments such as coughs and colds, tummy troubles and much more.
Call NHS 111 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for fast, free medical advice when it’s not an emergency. This can include arranging an out-of-hours GP appointment.
GPs can help you with many health problems and complaints and can provide a wide range of family health services. Contact your GP for an appointment before attending A&E. If you are not registered with a GP visit www.nhs.uk to find a surgery in your area.
Minor Injury Units
Minor Injury Units (MIUs) offer fast, convenient and expert care for minor conditions including cuts, grazes, sprains and burns. Waiting times here are around 20 minutes on average.
There are five MIUs across Worcestershire:
- Bromsgrove – Princess of Wales Community Hospital, Stourbridge Road, Bromsgrove, B61 0BB
- Evesham – Evesham Community Hospital, Waterside, Evesham, WR11 1JT
- Kidderminster – Kidderminster Hospital, Bewdley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6RJ
- Malvern – Malvern Community Hospital, 185 Worcester Road, WR14 1EX
- Tenbury – Tenbury Community Hospital, Worcester Road, Tenbury Wells, WR15 8AP