‘My Plan for Redditch’ – a seven-point ambitious document to continue to take the town forward has been launched by Rachel.
Building on the successes of the past two and a half years as Redditch’s Member of Parliament, Rachel has today (November 15th) published her plan to continue unlocking the full potential of Redditch.
The seven commitments in Rachel’s plan are:
- The Alex – to bring back maternity & children’s services.
- Town Deal – to work with the local council, residents and businesses to develop an ambitious bid for the full £25million.
- More reliable, environmentally friendly buses – I’ll ensure Redditch receives its fair share of the £220 million package announced by the Chancellor to improve and boost bus services.
- Improving social care – A better deal for those in the care system.
- Protecting our environment – to support policies to reach 2050 net zero carbon emissions target.
- More police – Keeping our streets safe with more officers on the beat.
- Levelling up school funding – ensuring pupils in Redditch get the funding they deserve.
Speaking following the launch of her plan, Rachel said:
“I think we’ve achieved a lot together these past two and a half years, from securing the promised investment for the Alex, to a Town Deal worth up to £25million to more money for every school in Redditch, but there is still so much more to do.
“If I’m re-elected on December 12th, my plan I’m publishing today is the basis on how I think we can take Redditch forward.
“My top priority will be to get maternity and children’s services back at the Alex. I’ve already received a commitment from local health bosses to meet with me after the election to discuss my plan in greater detail and how we can take these actions forward.
“There is so much more to achieve and do to truly unlock Redditch’s full potential, and I look forwarding to working with residents on this ambitious vision for our town.”
To read Rachel’s plan for Redditch and to download a copy please visit: www.rachelmaclean.uk/myplan/